Our department welcomes all who have decided to pursue an advanced degree in the Indiana University Department of Linguistics.
To be considered, your application must be fully completed. The graduate online application is where you will upload:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – scores are good for up to 5 years
- Note: GRE scores are not required for admission into any of the graduate degrees in the Department of Linguistics, so these fields may be left blank in your application.
- TOEFL exam (International students) – Passing score of 92 IBT (580 paper-based) or 7.0 on the IELTS
- Official transcript(s) – listing grades in each course taken at accredited institutions of higher learning
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (300-700 words) – This should provide a thoughtful, informative statement detailing your reasons for wishing to pursue a graduate degree in the Department of Linguistics and the direction of study you intend to pursue.